Valero Mechanical Aptitude Practice Test

Access More Questions
Which formula gives current?
Correct Answer:
I = V / R
Explanation:
Current is the flow of electric charge, and Ohm's law ties together current, voltage, and resistance. The way to get current directly is to divide the voltage by the resistance: I = V / R. This form shows exactly how much current flows when you know the voltage across a component and its opposition to current. The other expressions describe different quantities: voltage is V = I × R, resistance is R = V / I, and power is P = V × I. They either refer to other quantities or would require rearranging to solve for current, whereas I = V / R gives current outright.

Access more questions from this quiz

Continue to Valero Mechanical Aptitude Practice Test for more practice questions and the full quiz experience.

Access More Questions