Categories
All Categories
DMV
ServSafe
OSHA
NCLEX
HESI
TEAS
ATI Nursing
CNA & Nurse Aide
NREMT & EMS
ACLS
BLS
CPR
Quizzes
Study Guides
Flashcards
Packages
0
Log In
Register
Categories
All Categories
DMV
ServSafe
OSHA
NCLEX
HESI
TEAS
Quizzes
Study Guides
Flashcards
Packages
Contact
Cart
0
Log In
Register
Navy Dive Manual Practice Test
Access More Questions
Report question problem
×
I think the answer is wrong
There are multiple correct answers
There is a typing error
Image or comprehension text is not display properly
Something else(please specify below)
Any more information
What characterizes Type I decompression sickness?
Neurological symptoms
Joint pain and skin symptoms
Severe fatigue
Inner ear dysfunction
Reveal Answer
Correct Answer:
Joint pain and skin symptoms
Explanation:
Type I decompression sickness, often referred to as "the bends," is primarily characterized by joint pain and skin symptoms. This condition occurs when a diver ascends too quickly, causing nitrogen bubbles to form in the bloodstream and tissues as they expand. The joint pain, commonly described as aching or throbbing, can affect various parts of the body, typically occurring in the larger joints like the knees and elbows. In addition to joint pain, skin symptoms can also manifest, such as rashes or mottled skin, which may occur due to nitrogen bubbles affecting superficial tissues. Understanding the primary symptoms associated with Type I decompression sickness is critical for timely recognition and treatment, which greatly improves outcomes for affected divers. The emphasis on joint pain and skin manifestations helps differentiate Type I from Type II, which SAMPLEis more associated with neurological issues and other severe complications.
Access more questions from this quiz
Continue to Navy Dive Manual Practice Test for more practice questions and the full quiz experience.
Access More Questions